Thursday, November 22, 2012

Ajmal Amir Kasab begs forgiveness

Ajmal Amir Kasab will always be hated for he was the cause of death of around 166 innocent people. He deserved no mercy. He deserved to die. We are happy he was penalized for his sins, finally.

But when I learned that in his last words, he begged forgiveness from Allah, it somehow invoked my sympathy. I have always heard terrorists sticking to their cruel ways and stern, stubborn values till their last breath, believing in and fighting for some non-understandable cause. Ajmal Kasab realized that he did wrong.

In no time I thought, whenever “I” stand up for a cause, even a slightest oppositional response from anyone makes me nervous and insecure. I guess it is much difficult to leave the world, bearing so much hatred, opposition and abhorrence of millions of people.

Kasab was a young, decent-looking man in his early twenties. There was so much he could have given to his life and received from the world around him (wonder why he chose to embrace terrorism). Of course, Kasab was a mere weapon. We all somehow understand that the players of this terror game are others, who still stood hidden, watching all this silently from a bird’s view. People like Kasab are born and reared like cattle, brain washed in the name of religion. Why would someone, otherwise, want to die after killing strangers? 

I am in no way defending a terrorist like Kasab, but then, neither am I satisfied and contented thinking that by executing him, we have done anything worth a celebration.


we forgive

to find light that's lost, feel peace in our hearts, to believe in love, receive it from God, we forgive and we try to, to heal what hur...