Friday, August 17, 2012

Truth or myth ?

This simple, narrative poem will seem quite arduous to understand. It’s not the language, though, which will confuse you; but the doctrine it preaches…


I came back after 20 years
with a mind without any fears
and knowledge, I believed, divine
But some stupid friends of mine
I had met just now
Hated logic somehow
So I laughed and then sighed
Ate the dinner, early that night

After loading me with lots of food
They told me a story, not so good…
Along the coast of a nearby river
There was a town named ‘Silver’
No one was allowed to visit that place
The explanation behind it was waste!
I told them they were fools
Now it was science that rules
         
Suddenly there were tides - high and low
And my poor wife begged me not to go
I said her in the eyes that I don’t care
Hell, she started saying an old prayer
 “tides in the river are a signal”   
Said that old and mad rascal                       
                                                               
But I packed up my essentials anyways
And geared up to go to the cursed place
When I reached 'Silver', it was midnight…
Things were spooky, the man was right!
While I was checking the place cautiously
Someone hit me on the head mercilessly

When I woke up, it was day
I was bleeding on dirty hay
Some ugly demons, I saw,
were planning to eat me raw
I questioned the science
And did some calculation
Couldn't find an answer,
Any damn explanation…

Stupid 'me' was caught in their hands
I cried, remembered family and friends
Their sacrificing rituals had begun
I was almost damned, it was no fun!
At night when they tied me tightly
I managed to open the rope quietly
For sure, it wasn't easy escaping
But luckily, they were all sleeping

Without a bicycle or a car
I reached home in one hour 
Everyone was so amazed and happy
Seeing me again, alive and peppy

I learnt some lessons meanwhile
My pals were rigid but so was I
It is no big deal sometimes
Going with old paradigms
For I wouldn’t have been alive 
embracing my wisdom and pride!



The 'penner' of this piece watched more than the recommended number of warewolf and vampire movies. The destruction of those, who appear most reluctant to accept the supernatural in such movies, has resulted in complete loss of her reasoning powers. And she was caught preaching Creationism that day.


we forgive

to find light that's lost, feel peace in our hearts, to believe in love, receive it from God, we forgive and we try to, to heal what hur...